Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday 22 February 2011

Interactive Comic - The Pit and the Pendulum

Edgar Allen Poe's The Pit and the Pendulum (click link for free copy) was one of my favorite required readings when I was a middle school student. My classmates and I read the story and watched a short film version of it afterward. Now there is a new way to experience the story. The Pit and the Pendulum is now available as an interactive comic book created by Poe in the Pit. View the comic book online and you can click symbols within it to open videos, additional images, and additional background and insight into Poe's work. If you choose to print the comic book you can us the QR codes embedded within it to access the videos, images, and additional info on your mobile device.

Here's one of the videos found within the comic book.

I was sick, sick unto death with that long agony... from Into ThePit on Vimeo.

H/T to Open Culture for the link.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer