Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 21 November 2011

iStoryBooks - A Great Storybook App for Tablets

iStoryBooks is a free iPad, iPhone, and Android app that offers two dozen free digital storybooks for kids ages two through eight. Most of the stories in the app are adaptations of classic children's tales like The Ugly Duckling. The story that I went through after installing the app on my Motorola Photon(my favorite of the three Android phones I've owned) is The Story of Thanksgiving. The app gives you the option to read each story or to read along with each story while listening to the narrator.

You can find the iOS version of iStorybooks here.
Get the app from the Android Market.
And now you can get iStoryBooks on Kindle Fire

Applications for Education
If you have or teach children under eight, iStoryBooks could be a great app to install on your iPad or Android-powered tablets. Children can practice reading and recognizing words by going through the stories with the narration turned on. Or you can turn the narration off and read the stories with your child or student.

On a personal note, this is one app that I'm sharing with my sister when I see her on Thanksgiving so that she can use it with my two year old niece.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer