Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday 18 March 2014

How Maple Syrup Is Made

Although the -10F temperature at my house this morning doesn't indicate it, the official start of spring isn't too far away. And for me that means that before too long some of my neighbors will have their maple syrup collection equipment in place. I love maple syrup and I bet that many of your students do too. But do they know how it's made? Learning about the process of creating maple syrup can make for a nice elementary school science lesson. Here are a few resources that you might incorporate into a lesson on making maple syrup.

Maple Syrup the Modern Way is a three minute video about the process commercial producers use to make syrup.


Pure Canada Maple has a nice little graphic illustrating the maple syrup production process.

And Visit Maine has a little promo video about Maple Syrup Sunday. The video includes some information about the process.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer