Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday 28 January 2010

Howard Zinn Resources

Noted author and historian Howard Zinn passed away yesterday. Democracy Now has produced a tribute video about Zinn. One of my students suggested this morning that we should watch "that" video again. The video my student was referrring to is A People's History of American Empire which I had shown to one of my classes at the beginning of the year to introduce the idea that there is more to history than what they find in their textbooks. For those who have not seen the video, I've embedded it below.


Here are a couple of other educational resources related to the work produced by Howard Zinn:
Teaching US History With Howard Zinn
Howard Zinn's A People's History in a Free Digital Form

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer