Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 14 July 2010

Buzz Dash - Create Polls, Get Instant Feedback

Buzz Dash is a free polling service that allows anyone to create a poll to use on any blog or website. There are a lot of survey and polling widgets that you can use on your blog (in fact, Blogger has one built-in), but what I like about Buzz Dash is that your poll results instantly update whenever someone votes. The update happens without the need to refresh your page in order to see the new poll results. Try it out with my Buzz Dash poll embedded below.






<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/polls/when-do-you-start-thinking-about-the-new-school-year-203572/">When do you start thinking about the new school year?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>


Applications for Education
Polls and surveys can provide teachers with very useful real-time information about their students. I often use polls in the week prior to an assessment to get a sense of how my students are feeling about their knowledge of a particular topic or concept. I then use that information to help me determine if I need to reteach a lesson.


Here are some related resources that may be of interest to you:
Obsurvey - Create Custom Surveys
Quizlet - Create and Share Flashcards
Zoho Challenge - Conduct Tests Online

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer