Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday 31 July 2010

Week in Review - Blocked from my Google Account

This week I was at the Maine Maritime Academy in Castine, Maine for MLTI's Summer Institute. I was there to talk about Google Maps, Blogger, and some lesser-known Google tools like Google Books. Everything went well the first day. On the second day, the day that I was to run two workshops about Blogger, I was blocked from my Google Account just minutes before the start time. Without getting into a bunch of networking geek-speak, let's just say that some computers could get through the network to Google accounts while others couldn't.

Just when I thought it was going be a flop of a day for presentations, my friend Harold Shaw rescued me by letting me use his MacBook Pro for the first morning session. Alice Barr let me use her MacBook for the second morning session. And in the afternoon computer science guru Tim Hart created a work-around for my machine that got me onto the network. I barely understood what Tim did so I just nodded my head while he went to work typing a series of commands. Thank you to these fine folks who made it possible for me to go on and have a great conference.

Here are the seven most popular items of the last week:
1. Learn It In 5 - Tech How-to Videos for Teachers
2. Ten Uses for Drop.io In Education
3. Nine Survey Tools for Teachers and Students
4. 3 Common Craft Videos That Should Be In Your Training Library
5. How to Use Drop.io for Free
6. Copyright Office Clarifies Fair Use Rules
7. Weekly Video Tip - Cheap Whiteboards

Thank you to everyone that helped spread the word about the great resources listed above. Together we can help spread the word to other teachers about the great free resources that can make our students' learning experiences better.

If you enjoyed the links above, please consider subscribing to Free Technology for Teachers if you haven't already done so.
Subscribe via RSS. Subscribe via Email. Become a Facebook Fan.

Get Free Technology for Teachers on Kindle.

Please visit the official advertisers and marketing partners that help keep this blog going.
ABCya.com is a provider of free educational games for K-5.
PostLearn.com powers the job board on Free Technology for Teachers.
SimpleK12 is my blog marketing partner.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer