Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 27 September 2010

Watch WatchKnow Without YouTube

One of the great things about the Internet is that new services are always appearing and existing services are always trying to improve. Try as I might, I can't keep up with all of them. That's why I was wrong when I left WatchKnow off of my list of 47 Alternatives to Using YouTube in the Classroom. I originally left it off my list because I mistakenly believed that WatchKnow was still relying on YouTube to serve videos. Over the weekend someone from WatchKnow corrected me by pointing out that there are over 4,000 videos available through WatchKnow that are not served by YouTube. Click the "classroom accessible" button to search for videos that are not hosted by YouTube.

Applications for Education
WatchKnow provides a good resource for locating educational videos that you can use in your classroom. You can search WatchKnow by content area categories and subcategories.

Here are some related items that may be of interest to you:
3 Ways to Access Khan Academy Without YouTube
Hundreds of Reviewed Online Mathematics Resources
Downloading Videos for Use In the Classroom

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer