Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday 9 January 2011

Forgotten Books - Free eCopies of Classic Books

There are plenty of good places to find free ebooks online (seven good places here) and here's another worth taking a look at. Forgotten Books republishes thousands of classic works that are in the public domain. Forgotten Books offers all of their titles as free PDF downloads. If you desire a higher quality resolution for your PDFs, Forgotten Books offers those to their paying members. You can also order printed copies from Forgotten Books.

Applications for Education
Last week my special education students and I began reading the Red Badge of Courage together. I was one copy short of what I needed so I jumped on Google Books and found a copy that I could print chapter-by-chapter to use in my classroom. I used Google Books to find a copy of that public domain work, but I could have just as easily used Forgotten Books to get an ecopy of the Red Badge of Courage.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer