Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 28 March 2011

What's a Motel Kid? Do You Have One in Your Classroom?

Last night I stumbled across a CNN video titled What's a Motel Kid? The short video is in part about families who live in motel rooms because they cannot afford any other housing. The video reminded me of a Snag Learning film called Immersion that illustrates the challenges ESL/ELL students face when taking some standardized mathematics tests.



Applications for Education
Today, I have to proctor a state-mandated test. As I work in a district that is currently struggling with unemployment and poverty I can't help but wonder how those issues will affect the performance of our students compared with those students in better-off areas of our state.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer