Breaking News
Loading...
Friday 20 May 2011

Sparking Inquiry With Popular Science

Earlier this week I found myself spending a while browsing through the archived photo galleries of Popular Science. A few that I found quite interesting were this one of nuclear reactor schematics, the Golden Age of Zeppelins, and "How it Works" Through History. As I browsed through the galleries I thought about how they sparked my curiosity and could probably do the same for many students.

Applications for Education
In my special education class I often use pictures or video clips to try to spark students' curiosity and get them asking questions. I find that to be a good way to get everyone involved in a "warm up" conversation before launching into the day's lesson. With more than 90 pages of photo galleries Popular Science is a good place to search for some curiosity-sparking images.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer