Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 30 May 2011

What Else Should I Read This Summer?

Yesterday, I met my mother and step-father in Portland for lunch (I had meatloaf, it was delicious). Since I was in the big city, I took some time after lunch to go to Border's and browse for a new book. Like a lot of teachers, I don't have a whole lot of time to read during the school year so the summer is when I do the bulk of my book reading. Anyway this morning I spent some time thinking about what I want to read this summer and what follows is what I've come up with. I'd love to have some suggestions to add to the list. If you have any must-reads for my list, please leave a comment.

Education Books
And What Do You Mean by Learning?
Mindstorms: Children, Computers, And Powerful Ideas
(Yes, I realize that Mindstorms is "old" but I've never read it and I find Papert's work intriguing to say the least).
Teach Like a Champion
(This is a book that we've been fed excerpts of at my school this year. I want to have the whole context of the work).

History Books
Colonel Roosevelt
American Lion: Andrew Jackson in the White House
The Tycoons: How Andrew Carnegie, John D. Rockefeller, Jay Gould, and J. P. Morgan Invented the American Supereconomy

Just for Fun Books
Crossing The Gates Of Alaska
A Walk Across America
No Shortage of Good Days

Considering that the books on Roosevelt and Jackson each approach 800 pages, if get through all nine of these books I'll be pretty happy with myself.

What are you reading this summer? Leave a comment and let us all know.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer