Breaking News
Loading...
Friday 3 June 2011

And Now an Encouraging Story for Teachers

I posted this on my personal Facebook account yesterday and at the suggestion of a couple of friends, I'm going to share it with all of you. In my school district there is a weekly newspaper, The Advertiser Democrat, that has in the past been quite critical of the schools and teachers (although in fairness, less critical the last couple of years). So critical in fact that some of my colleagues refuse to read it at all. I still read it because I like to know what's going on in the community. Anyway, yesterday I opened up the editorial section of the paper to find this letter to the editor from the parent of two of my former students thanking the teachers by name who had helped her children become successful high school and college students. As I noted on Facebook, every once in a while we are reminded why we teach. I hope the letter gives you a little positive boost at the end of a long school year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer