Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday 23 June 2011

Juice Defender - A Battery Preservation App

Between yesterday and today I spent nineteen hours in airplanes and airports (that's why no new blog posts appeared yesterday). During those nineteen hours I found myself searching for a place to power-up my Android phone. When data sync is activated on my phone the battery drains relatively  quickly. This evening I installed an app that will hopefully allow me to have fewer "outlet quests" in the future.

Juice Defender is an Android App (free and premium versions are available) that manages and monitors power consumption on your phone. The app monitors data consumption and WiFi settings. To save power the app will enable or disable settings to conserve power. Learn more about Juice Defender in the video below.


Applications for Education
If your school is using Android devices as part of a 1:1 program, Juice Defender could be a useful app for making sure that students can use those devices without having to frequently plug them into chargers. I've just installed the app on my phone and I'll report back here when I have more information about the battery power savings.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer