Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday 27 August 2013

How Google+ Has Brought Meaning Back to My PLN Experience

Twitter is great for link sharing, but I've always felt like any conversation that I was having on Twitter was a race to get a word in rather than being a reflective conversation. That's probably why I never got too excited about #edchat or any of hundreds of other Twitter chats. I do appreciate that some people really enjoy the Twitter ed chats and I'll use the hashtag to see what folks are saying, but participating in them never has been my thing. 

As I've mentioned many times over the last six to twelve months, Google+ has really become where I have my most meaningful interactions with others. On Google+ I find it much easier to follow conversations. I also find that because folks aren't forced to express themselves in rapid-fire 140 character messages, the conversations are more robust even if they take longer to develop. For me, Google+ conversations have more depth that Twitter interactions.

For now, Google+ is where I'm going when I want to have robust conversations and Twitter is where I'm going to share links and see the links others are sharing. You can join me here on Google+.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer