Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 7 August 2013

Press More Buttons, Click More Icons

One of the great things about 1:1 programs is that students tend to take ownership of the devices issued to them. Part of the taking ownership process includes tapping or clicking a lot of icons and pressing a lot of buttons. When students are curious about what will happen when they click on “X,” they click on “X” and find out. Now contrast that pattern with the pattern displayed by some teachers when they get a new laptop or tablet...

I'm often asked how I have learned about educational technology. The answer is fairly simple, I just kept trying things to satisfy my curiosity and when I "broke" something I asked a student for help.  Want to learn more about educational technology? Click on icons and see what happens. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer