Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 24 May 2010

Shmoop Adds History and Literature Slideshows

Online study guide provider Shmoop recently added a new slideshow feature to their free offerings. Shmoop now offers slideshows about many topics in their study guides for US History, Civics, Literature, and a new section dedicated to Shakespeare. The slideshows are designed as visual aid supplements to their existing guides. Some of the subjects of the slideshows include King Lear, the War of 1812, and US Political Parties.

Public domain images comprise most of the images in the slideshows. All of the slideshows can be embedded into your blog or website. View the Adventures of Huckleberry Finn slideshow below.


Applications for Education
I've often had students remark that they remembered something on a quiz because they remembered a picture or graphic that I showed them in class. With some of my reluctant readers and students looking at images has often been the gateway to conversation and or students' research into a topic. Shmoop's new slideshows now provide me with a good place to start my search for images to use in my classroom.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer