Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 23 August 2010

Reminder - CNN Student News Is Back

I posted this last Monday, but I'm reposting it because I know that a lot of teachers (like me) are going back to school this week which means that they're also getting back into the habit of reading education blogs and websites. CNN Student News is a daily web show highlighting a handful of stories. The stories covered by CNN Student News range from traditional serious news topics to how-to stories appealing mostly to students to light and fun stories. As a social studies teacher every week I find at least a couple of stories from CNN Student News that I can work into my curriculum. CNN Student News provides printable maps and a daily news quiz to go along with each episode.

Today's episode of CNN Student News covers the controversy surrounding the plans to build a mosque at Ground Zero in New York. The episode also covers the economic impact of the floods in Pakistan.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer