Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday 20 September 2011

This is Real Democracy - A Music Video of Sorts

Ophir Kutiel, better known as Kutiman, is Internet-famous for his remixes of YouTube videos. His latest remix, titled This is Real Democracy, mashes together music clips and news clips of important events around the world in 2011. The video is a bit "noisy" sounding at the beginning but after the first thirty seconds it dives into some good, quick news clips.


Applications for Education
I first watched this video on Open Culture and I didn't think a whole lot about it. But after some reflection I realized that there are two things I could possibly do with it in my Global Studies course. First, it might be interesting to see if my students can recognize the news clips and the context they were taken from. Second, it could be a neat model of remixing and repurposing content to promote a message.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer