Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 21 September 2011

Vocabulary Widgets for Your Blog or Website

Last week, in response to one of my new teaching assignments, I posted a list of seven resources for teaching and learning vocabulary. Today, I went searching for some vocabulary widgets that could be added to classroom blogs and websites. In my search I found a jackpot of vocabulary widgets at Widget Box.

Widget Box currently hosts 48 vocabulary widgets that you can place on your classroom blog or website. To use the widgets just copy the embed code provided for you and paste it into one of the side bars on your blog. If you're a Blogger user, you can do this by going to your Design panel, selecting "add a gadget," choosing the "HTML/Javascript" gadget, then pasting the code into the gadget. You could also just put your desired vocabulary gadget as a new blog post.

I've placed the Vocab Ahead widget below.

Applications for Education
If you're looking for an easy way to display a "vocabulary word of the day" to your students, Widget Box probably has something for you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer