Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday 8 September 2011

What People Don't Get About My Job - Share This With Students and Parents

The Atlantic has a great article titled What People Don't Get About My Job.The article is comprised of 26 contributions from readers explaining what most people don't understand about their jobs. There is one job for every letter of the alphabet. In the article you will find jobs like Kindergarten Teacher, IRS employee, zookeeper, and even unemployed.

Applications for Education
Part of my responsibilities with my homeroom group (we call it Common Block in my school) is to talk with the students about their post-secondary plans. I'm thinking about having my students read this article next week as a way for them to see that there is more to many jobs than what they see from the outside. A good companion to What People Don't Get About My Job is iCould - True Career Stories.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer