Breaking News
Loading...
Friday 9 November 2012

An Interactive Map and Timeline of Middle Earth

Earlier today I shared some maps of Middle Earth that are built on the Google Maps API. After I published that post Keir Clarke of Google Maps Mania added a comment with a link to the LOTR Project's Middle Earth Timeline.

The LOTR Project's Middle Earth Timeline is a combination of a timeline and a map. Each event in the timeline is directly linked to a location on the map. Click on any event in the timeline to see where it took place in Middle Earth.

Applications for Education
If you're using Tolkien's works in your language arts course, the LOTR Project's Middle Earth Timeline could be a good resource to help your students keep track of the plot in a linear format. I know that having something like the LOTR Project's Middle Earth Timeline would help me and I'm sure that it will help students too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer