Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday 29 November 2012

VoiceThread - One of My All-Time Favorite Tools

This afternoon after my Best of the Web presentation at the Christa McAuliffe Technology Conference I had a nice conversation with a a teacher who was looking for a way to have her students collaboratively create a presentation about their favorite apps. My suggestion was to try VoiceThread. On VoiceThread her students could upload a screenshot of their favorite apps, explain what the apps do, why they like the apps, and ask each other questions about their favorite apps. My suggestion was just one of dozens of ways that VoiceThread can be used in classrooms.

VoiceThread has been around for over five years now and it is still one of my favorite tools. If you've never tried it, watch the VoiceThread below to learn how it works and what you can do with it.



VoiceThread's free option limits you to having three projects in your account at a time. The education version gives you much more space and the option to manage student accounts requires a subscription plan at $79/year. I've always just deleted projects when I'm done with them in order to stay under the free account cap.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer