Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday 17 November 2010

Do You Like Maps? Check Out The Map Room

For as long as I can remember I have loved to look at maps. It's probably one of the reasons I always did well in my social studies classes. If you're like me and you enjoy maps too, you should check out a blog titled The Map Room that I recently discovered. Even if you're not a map lover, but you teach social studies you should also browse The Map Room. The Map Room is a blog about all things maps. You'll find a variety of creative uses of maps in The Map Room. I should warn you though that the author of the site does occasionally use some language that is not appropriate for school so you probably don't want to send students to browse it. I'll use The Map Room for inspiration and ideas about using maps in ways that I haven't previously thought of.

Update: As Stephen Downes reminds us, another excellent place to find interesting maps is Strange Maps.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer