Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday 13 November 2010

Explania Video - What's New in Windows 7

Has your school recently upgraded to Windows 7? Is it planning to upgrade to Windows 7? If so, the following video from Explania might help you or those who come to you for help discover some of the new handy features in Windows 7. 

What’s new in Windows 7? - Explania

On a related note, for a few reasons I've been contemplating the purchase of a new Windows-based 15"-16" screen laptop. I'm often desirous of more screen real estate than my MacBook (13") or netbook (10") offer. I could just get a big monitor to plug into, but I really don't want another piece of furniture in the house nor do I have a good place to put something like that (all of my work away from school takes place at my kitchen table, on the couch, or on the road). Occasionally, I come across programs that are Windows-only that I want to try on screen bigger than that of my netbook. Finally, as much as I'd like to think that Mac OS is awesome, I know there are a lot of people and institutions that don't agree. Therefore, I feel that I should be more familiar with Windows 7 than I am now.

This Asus A52F-XE2 Laptop (Amazon link) seems like it would fit my budget and needs, but I'd like to hear from the Windows experts out there. Will I be disappointed with it for that price? I won't be using it for any heavy video editing or gaming (unless you count the occasional word game), mostly it will be used for writing, browsing the web, and Google Earth layer building.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer