Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday 16 July 2011

Augmented Reality in Plain English

One of the aspects of the presentations that I'm giving over the next few days in Arizona and in Missouri address the question of what to do about cell phones in schools. As you might expect, I'm all for allowing students to use cell phones in schools for academic purposes. I also know that that change won't happen in a lot of schools until the administrators and teachers learn more about the positive uses of cell phones in schools. One of the ways that cell phones can be used for educational purposes is with augmented reality applications. I've previously reviewed four instances (here, here, here, and here) of augmented reality apps that are accessible to students. But I know that as I finish writing this paragraph some readers still aren't sure what augmented reality is. And while I could type out a long explanation, I think Common Craft offers a good explanation in the video below.



If you're reading this in RSS, click here to see the video.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer