Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday 14 July 2011

My Best Tip for Beginning Bloggers...

is to write something everyday.

I've written about my "blogging secrets" in the past so I won't go down that road in this post. I am frequently asked how I find the time and or ideas for writing 4-5 blog posts a day. The answer is really quite simple, I make time for it. I make it a priority to sit down and write every day. Sure there are days when the ideas are harder to come by, but if I "waited for inspiration" nothing would get written. You might not want to blog as much as I do, I don't know a whole lot of people who do, but if blogging is one of the new things you want try doing this summer and into the new school year start by making appointments with yourself to blog on a consistent schedule. Even if you don't hit "publish" on all of your posts, sit down and write for 10-15 minutes and you'll be surprised at what you can accomplish.

This post was inspired by a TED Talk that I watched today. In the TED Talk below Matt Cutts, one of Google's search engineers, talks about making a commitment to try something new for 30 days. Spend four minutes watching it and I think you'll be inspired to try something new.


By the way, my 30 days of trying something new is to make time for some yoga each day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer