Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday 12 July 2011

Make Use Of Highlights the 100 Best Android Apps - Here are my picks to try

I have to admit that browsing the Android Market can be a little overwhelming for me. (The same is true for Apple's App Store). There are so many applications to try that I can easily get carried away downloading all kinds of things that I may or may not end up using. My forth-coming purchase of a Samsung Galaxy Tabwill only make my app downloading habit worse. That is why I was happy to see Make Use Of publish a list of their 100 favorite Android apps. Their list is broken down into fourteen categories for easy browsing.

Applications for Education
If you have recently acquired an Android tablet or your school is considering buying them, Make Use Of's list could help get started selecting appropriate apps. Some of the apps from their list that I have tried and or plan to try include the following:

Juice Defender - a battery preservation app that I use now on my phone.
TED Air - for watching TED Talks.
Wapedia - for easier mobile browsing of Wikipedia.
AnkiDroid Flashcards - A free flashcard app.
Dropbox - for accessing my Dropbox files.
Catch Notes - a note-taking app that I've tried before, but might give another go on a tablet. I'm personally using Color Note on my phone now.
Google Docs - I'm currently using this app on my phone. It's far from perfect on my phone, but I'm hoping it will work better on a tablet using Honeycomb 3.1.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer