Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday 22 December 2011

National Geographic Visions on Earth

National Geographic is one of the few print magazines that I still get delivered to my house. The pictures featured in the magazine still captivate my imagination today as they did when I first started looking at the magazine in elementary school. One of the magazine's features that I enjoy is Visions on Earth.

The online version of National Geographic puts the Visions on Earth photographs into a slideshow format. There are currently seven years of Visions on Earth photographs available on the National Geographic website.

Applications for Education
Visions on Earth is one of those resources that I'd be inclined to let students just browse through and let their imaginations wander. Ask your students to pick out some favorite photographs and write out some questions that the pictures prompt in their minds. Then have students try to find those answers online or in books.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer