Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday 5 November 2013

Listen to The Iliad In Ancient Greek

Between yesterday's post about a Shakespeare iPad app and this post, I'm on a bit of a classical literature kick. Last night I listened to part of The Iliad in ancient Greek. The recording, featuring Stanley Lombardo doing the reading, is available on YouTube. If you would like your students to attempt to follow along with for a minute or two, you can find a free copy of The Iliad in Greek on Google Books.


Applications for Education
Unless I was teaching an advanced course on classical literature or teaching a course in Greek, I wouldn't make my students listen to the whole recording. But in a high school classroom I might have my students listen to a minute or two of the recording just to give them a sense of how it sounds.

H/T to Open Culture.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer