Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday 18 January 2014

The Week in Review - In the Dog House

Good morning from Woodstock, Maine where the sunshine has given way to clouds and snow is on its way. This week I gave presentation at Archbishop Williams High School in Braintree, Massachusetts. Prior to that trip I had been home for over a month and my dogs had gotten out of their kennel routines. When I went to drop them off on Thursday morning Max refused to go into his kennel. Eventually, to get him in the kennel I did the sensible thing and went into the kennel first and lured him in. It proved to be a great photo opportunity for the kennel caretakers. Next week I am going to London for BETT and TeachMeet, but my housesitter is staying with Morrison and Max so that I don't have to get into a kennel again.

Morrison, Max, and I are heading out to spend the afternoon on some new snowshoeing trails I discovered. Wherever you are this weekend, I hope you have something fun to do too.

Here are this week's most popular posts:
1. Seven Free Online Whiteboard Tools for Teachers and Students
2. Free Ebook - Digital Storytelling With Comics
3. Would You Rather - Quick and Fun Math Lessons
4. TED Introduces TED-Ed Clubs to Get Kids Talking About Big Ideas
5. Compare the Size of Countries and States With These Map Mash-ups
6. Webinar Recording - Digital Storytelling With Comics
7. Three Good Tools for Building Flipped Lessons That Include Assessment Tools

Would you like to have me visit your school this year?
Click here to learn more about my professional development offerings.

Please visit the official advertisers that help keep this blog going.
Practical Ed Tech is the brand through which I offer PD webinars.
IXL offers a huge assortment of mathematics lesson activities.
Typing Club offers free typing lessons for students.
Discovery Education & Wilkes University offer online courses for earning Master's degrees in Instructional Media.
MasteryConnect provides a network for teachers to share and discover Common Core assessments.
ABCya.com is a provider of free educational games for K-5.
The University of Maryland Baltimore County offers graduate programs for teachers.
Boise State University offers a 100% online program in educational technology.
EdTechTeacher is organizing two iPad summits this school year.
Classmint offers a nice multimedia flashcard service.
StoryBoard That is a great tool for creating comics and more.
Fresno Pacific University offers a wide variety of technology courses for teachers.

How to Subscribe to Free Technology for Teachers
Subscribe via RSSSubscribe via Email.
Like Free Technology for Teachers on  Facebook.
Find me on Twitter, on Google+, or on Pinterest.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer