Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday 5 January 2014

Who Is Behind Free Technology for Teachers?

Image credit: Jen Deyenberg
Over the last month there has been a big spike in new visitors and new likes on the Free Technology for Teachers Facebook page (over 70,000 likes as of today). I thought it would be a good time to post a little bit about me, Richard Byrne, and this blog.

I worked at Oxford Hills Comprehensive High School for eight and half years where I taught social studies and language arts. While at OHCHS I started this blog as a way to organize some of the things I was finding online. Over time the blog grew in popularity thanks to many of you sharing links from the blog. My goal with every blog post is to provide something useful to K-12 teachers. For the last two years writing Free Technology for Teachers, speaking at conferences, conducting webinars, and providing workshops at schools has been my full-time job. I also maintain iPad Apps for School and Android for Schools.

Recently, I started writing Worms In the Fridge where I'm sharing what I've learned through the process of becoming a full-time blogger and consultant.

On a personal note, I have two dogs that I adopted from the shelter that I have volunteered at for five years, Harvest Hills Animal Shelter. When not working or playing with my dogs I enjoy skiing, mountain biking, and fly fishing. I consider myself lucky to live in western Maine where I can enjoy all of my favorite activities within ten minutes of my home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer