Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 22 February 2010

Flixtime - Quickly Create Short Videos

Flixtime is a new video creation service that is quite similar to Animoto and Stupeflix. Flixtime gives users the ability to create 60 second videos by mixing together images, video clips, and music tracks. You can use your own images, video clips, and music tracks or you can choose media from the Flixtime galleries. One the things that I like about Flixtime over Animoto is Flixtime's editing tool. Compared to Animoto, Flixtime affords you more control over the sequence and timing of images and audio. That said, I prefer Stupeflix's text editor over Flixtime's.

Flixtime videos can be downloaded for use on your local computer, shared via email or social networks, or posted to YouTube. Below you will see my sample video.


TechCrunch has more information about Flixtime that you may be interested in reading.

Applications for Education
Creating videos with Flixtime could be a good alternative to slideshow presentations. In the past I've had students use Animoto to create videos as mini-biographies of famous people in US History. I've found that assignment to be a good way to get some of my special education students interested historical figures. The students start out by looking for images and reading image captions before progressing to more in-depth reading. The same type of project could be done with Flixtime.

For other video creation tools you may want to read Six Easy Ways for Students to Create Videos Online.

Update: After Mr. Wylie corrected my comment about Animoto's editing options, I edited this post to more accurately reflect my initial impressions of Flixtime.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer