Breaking News
Loading...
Friday 26 February 2010

Captains of Industry - Economics Simulation Game

Captains of Industry is an economics simulation activity that I used in my US History class this week. Original version of this activity was developed by my colleague Jason Long. What I'm sharing here is the activity as I've modified it for my classroom. My version is about 75% the same as Jason's original. The point of the activity is for students to experience and experiment with the tactics of American businessmen in the second half of the 19th century. Before trying the activity it is best for students to have some familiarity with the business practices of Rockefeller, Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Morgan.

You can access the activity in a Google Doc here or view it in the embedded version below.

Captains of Industry - Economics Simulation

Here are some related items that may be of interest to you:
Life on Minimum Wage - Economics Lesson
The History of Credit Cards in the United States
Saving Money in Plain English and Other Economics Lessons

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer