Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday 6 November 2011

Video - The Difference Between the UK, Great Britain, and England Explained

Back when I taught a World Geography course one of the things that baffled and annoyed my students was my insistence that they knew that United Kingdom, Great Britain, and England are not correct interchangeable terms. I no longer teach that World Geography course, but if I did I might be inclined to use the following five minute video explanation of the difference between the United Kingdom, Great Britain, and England. The video does a good job of explaining the historical origins as well as modern implications of the differences. My only complaint about the video is the narrator speaks very quickly so you might have to pause it or show it twice in your classroom.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer