Breaking News
Loading...
Friday 25 November 2011

Tag My Doc - Assign QR Codes to Your Documents

One of the things that I really like about QR codes is that they make it very easy to put useful information on your phone or tablet. Rather than trying to type a long address into your mobile browser's url bar (which can take me forever on a virtual keyboard) you can simply scan a code and open a website or file. There are a lot of tools out there for creating QR codes for webpages (including public Google Docs) but if you want to assign a QR code to a document that isn't online, that can be a little trickier unless you use Tag My Doc.

Tag My Doc is a new service that allows you to assign and print a QR code on your documents. The process is very simple. Just upload your document and let Tag My Doc generate a QR code for it. You can then print out your document with a QR code on it. The free version of the service allows you to store up to 1GB of documents on your Tag My Doc account, password protect your documents, and choose the placement of the QR code on your document.

Watch the video below to learn more about Tag My Doc.


Applications for Education
As I mentioned above, I think that one of the big benefits of QR codes is the ease with which you can put important content on your phone or tablet. Use Tag My Doc to put QR codes on the paper documents you distribute in your classroom. Then students can scan them to save them to their phones and tablets thereby eliminating the need for you to give out extra copies when if your students lose the paper documents you gave them.

If you're looking for a QR reader here are some that you can try:
Android - QR Droid
iPhone - QR Scanner
Windows & Blackberry - BeeTagg

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer