Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 28 November 2011

New Blogger Tutorial Videos

Earlier this evening I was Tweeting with a student who needed some help creating a new blog. In an effort to help her out I directed her to the Blogger Help channel on YouTube. When I went there, much to my surprise and delight I discovered that the Blogger team had just uploaded four new short tutorials. Two of those cover topics, comment moderation and viewing permissions, that I'm always asked about when I lead workshops on blogging for teachers and students. I've embedded both of those videos below and I will also add them to my page on creating blogs and websites.





Applications for Education
No matter which blogging platform you choose to use with your students, I always recommend turning on comment moderation. I make that recommendation because it's the best way to snag inappropriate comments before they appear on your class blog. It's also the best way to snag any spammy links that random visitors might leave on your blog. For further comment protection you can also require that visitors register before commenting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer