Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday 11 March 2012

365 Projects - Now I Get It, Building a Media Library

Ken explains font types
I've seen people doing all kinds of 365 Projects for years now. Some have been focused on taking one picture per day, some have been about creating or capturing sounds, and others have been focused on video. I never really "got" the appeal of these projects until Friday morning when I sat in on Ken Shelton's presentation about presentation design. Ken made a good case for committing to a 365 Project. It's a good way to build up a library of media that you can use in your own presentations.

Applications for Education
I've always told people that the best way to avoid any Copyright issues is to use your own media in presentations. One challenge with that if you're on a tight time schedule, you might not be able to create all the media you need. Another challenge is the weather and seasons. As Ken said in his presentation, "if you want a picture of rain, you have to go out in the rain." By committing to a 365 Project you can build a library of your media that you and or your students can use for creating presentations.

For more advice on designing and delivering presentations, watch these three videos from Guy Kawasaki and Garr Reynolds.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going out to take a few pictures.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer