Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday 25 March 2012

Videos - Why Do We Dream?

My dog dreaming
As some of you know, I don't have a television at home. That means my screen entertainment comes in the form of watching Netflix, Hulu, and YouTube. This evening as I was bopping around YouTube like I do sometimes, I came across a short video titled Why Do We Dream? The video is a short explanation of some of the theories and science of the human sleep cycle.

After watching Why Do We Dream? I clicked over to a much longer BBC production on the topic. The BBC production, also titled Why Do We Dream? is a 55 minute documentary that includes interviews with researchers who are trying to answer the questions where do dreams come from and why do we dream?

Both videos are embedded below.




Applications for Education
Some of the content in these videos might be classified as pseudo-science. They are still interesting looks into how our brains work. These are exactly the type of video that I liked to show in my non-instructional homeroom time as a way to spark discussions from intellectual curiosity.

And now I'm going to sleep...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer