Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 12 March 2012

TED Education - It's a Good Start

This morning the TED Blog announced the launch of TED-Ed. I've watched three of the twelve videos in the TED Ed channel on YouTube and would say they're more like thought prompts than they are instructional lessons. I guess when I first saw the headline that I was hoping for a bit more, but this is a good start. I've included one of the videos below.

Applications for Education
The TED-Ed videos could be good for sparking discussion in your classroom about the topics you're teaching. For example, use this video, The Power of Simple, as part of a lesson on writing. Have students watch the video then give them the task of editing wordy passages into succinct messages.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer