Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday 24 April 2012

Cookie Offers Excellent Educational Games

Cookie is a site offering dozens of excellent educational games for pre-K and elementary school students. The games that I tried all featured large, clear graphics that make it easy to start playing immediately. Cookie doesn't just provide games, it also offers short animated video lessons. At the end of each lesson there is a short quiz that students can use to test their new knowledge. Each game and lesson automatically launches in full screen thereby eliminating and potential sidebar distractions.

The first lesson that I tried on Cookie was a handwriting lesson. The lesson directed me to draw letters and numbers by following the arrows. If I didn't go in the correct order, a red "x" stopped my progress until I went back and traced correctly.

Applications for Education
An embed code is available for the games and lessons on Cookie. If you have a resource page for your classroom or school, Cookie's resources could be a great addition to that page.

H/T to David Kapuler.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer