Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 9 April 2012

How To Use Evernote for Bookmarking and More

Last night on Twitter I mentioned that I had just installed Evernote on one of my Android devices. A handful of people followed up with questions about how to use Evernote and how I use it. Here is the outline of how I'm using Evernote now. Below the outline you will find some videos about how to use Evernote.

How I'm Using Evernote
Bookmarking - When Google announced that they were removing the list option from Google Bookmarks I started using Evernote for all of my bookmarks. The Evernote Web Clipper allows me to not only bookmark URLs but also annotate each bookmark with notes for myself about each URL that I bookmark. I also use the Evernote Web Clipper for clipping sections of webpages including text and images.

Note taking - Evernote works on all of my devices and my notes are synchronized across all of my devices. I have Evernote installed on my Samsung Galaxy Tablet. Recently, I was flying home from Salt Lake City and got an idea for a blog post. I wrote out that blog post while offline then when I got off the plane and reconnected to the Internet that post was automatically synched to my Evernote account.

Pictures - I'm trying to take more pictures to use in presentations. I've been storing quite a few of my pictures in my Evernote account.

Skitch - Skitch is a great screen capture product that was acquired by Evernote last year. Skitch allows me to capture my screen (on my computer and on my Android tablet) and draw on that screen capture.

How to Get Started Using Evernote
The Web Clipper is the Evernote product that I use most frequently. The video below will get you started using it.



I also use the Evernote Google Chrome Extension quite often. The video below shows you how to use it.



For a great soup-to-nuts overview of all things Evernote, I recommend this video.


The video below is the first part of a seven part series on how to use Evernote.


Applications for Education
For students there are two distinct benefits of using Evernote. First, bookmarking online with annotations helps students not only keep track of websites they find useful while researching, it also helps them remember why they bookmarked a site. There's nothing worse that looking at your bookmarks a week or two later and wondering what it was about a website that prompted you to bookmark it. Second, by writing course notes in Evernote students can access their notes from any device that is connected to the web.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer