Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 11 February 2013

BrainyBox - Present Slides and More in a Cubed Format

BrainyBox is a new offering from Russel Tarr. Russel shared it with me last week and I finally had some time to try it this evening. I think that it might be a neat way for students to build and share multimedia slides on their tablets (including iPads) and computers.

BrainyBox provides six blank screens in which students can build slides that include text, videos (via embed codes), images, and hyperlinks. I also discovered that I could embed SoundCloud recordings and Google Maps into my screens. The finished product displays my slides as a cube that can embedded into a blog post or shared by directing people to the unique URL assigned to my project. All projects can be edited by their owners at any time.

Applications for Education
There are a couple of things that I like about BrainyBox for student use. First, students are limited to six slides so they have to be concise in telling their stories. Second, BrainyBox supports a lot of media formats so students have a variety of ways that they can tell their stories in those six slides.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer