Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday 14 February 2013

UtellStory - Tell a Story With Pictures and Voice

UtellStory is a new service for creating and sharing audio slideshows. To create and share your story through UtellStory you can upload pictures, add text captions, add audio narration to each slide, and upload a soundtrack to support your entire story. Completed projects can be embedded into your blog, emailed to your friends, or shared through your favorite social networking sites. Watch UTellStory's introduction here.

Creating my first UTellStory project, available here, took me about ten minutes after registering on the site. To create my story I uploaded pictures that I had saved on my computer, but I could have also pulled images from Flickr. Then I added the narration to each slide. In the free version of UTellStory you have thirty seconds per slide and up to two minutes of total audio. I rearranged my slides after recording by simply dragging them into the sequence in which I wanted them to appear.

Applications for Education 
UtellStory could be a great way for students to create and share short stories about things that they photograph. When your students are on a field trip ask them to take pictures to use in an UtellStory report about what they saw and learned on the trip. Or have students search for Creative Commons and Public Domain images to use as part of an audio slideshow biography about a notable person in history.

UtellStory does offer a paid version for educators. The paid version allows you to create and manage student accounts.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer