Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday 7 February 2013

To Geography and Beyond with Google Earth and Google Maps

Yesterday, I announced a new webinar series designed to help teachers learn how to use Google Drive in their classrooms. Today, I am announcing that I'm expanding my webinar offerings to include Google Earth and Google Maps.

To Geography and Beyond with Google Earth and Google Maps is a three week course is designed to teach teachers how to use Google Earth and Google Maps in their classrooms. The obvious uses of these tools are in geography lessons. In this course we’ll start with social studies and move into uses of Google Earth and Google Maps in language arts, science, and mathematics (elementary level) lessons. I'll be co-teaching this course with my good friend and long-time colleague Jim Wells. Jim and I taught social studies together for many years before he started working full-time for MLTI as a technology integration mentor. Jim has more than 20 years experience in the fields of GIS, digital mapping, and instruction.

You can register for the course here and learn more on my new site PracticalEdTech.com. The course begins on March 11 at 7pm Eastern. The cost is $87 per student and includes access to recordings of all of the webinars as well as a Q&A forum between class meetings.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer