Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday 24 June 2012

Doodle Buzz is an Interesting Way to Explore News

Doodle Buzz is an interesting way to look at the news. To find news stories enter a term in the search box, click go, then drag your cursor across the screen to reveal news stories related to your search term. The more you doodle the more stories are revealed. You can read excerpts from the stories or click through to read the full article on the original source.

Applications for Education
When I was teaching Contemporary World Studies one of the more difficult things for me to do was to get students interested in exploring news stories outside of the United States. Doodle Buzz offers an element of fun to the discovery process. When I "search" on Doodle Buzz I find that I discover stories and sources that I don't typically read because they're not in my RSS feed or on my Google Chrome page of frequently visited sites. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer