Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday 24 June 2012

Video and Reminder - Wear Your Bike Helmet

This morning I went out for a mountain bike ride in a local state forest. We had thunderstorms last night so things we're still quite slick this morning. As I was riding on a trail that I've biked before, I took a nasty fall and smacked my head hard on the ground. Fortunately, I was wearing my helmet and other than some new bruises on my knee, elbow, and shoulder I am fine. As I was driving home and reflecting I was reminded of a resource I reviewed a couple of years ago.

The Brain Injury Alliance of Kentucky offers some good resources about brain injury prevention. One of those resources is a short animated video designed to teach students about the need for wearing a helmet and how to wear helmets when biking or skateboarding. In the video students learn how to pick a helmet and how to properly fit a helmet. Watch the two minute video below.


Applications for Education
It's summer in the northern hemisphere and that means kids will be out on their bikes and skateboards. This video is a good, quick reminder to students to wear a helmet and wear it correctly.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer