Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday 26 November 2009

My Great World - Geolocate Images of the World

My Great World is a free photo sharing service with an emphasis on geography. My Great World categorizes images by the country in which the photograph was taken. Users can submit their own images and rank the quality of images on a 1-10 scale. Visitors to My Great World can search for images by country or by photographers. The sharing element of My Great World allows registered users can swap images and network through My Great World's messaging system.


Applications for Education
My Great World is a nice resource for students doing research assignments on various countries. The search by country option is a nice way to find images of that country. The advantage of searching by country on My Great World over an image search on Google is that it removes some of the guess work and search refinement process younger students sometimes experience when using Google to search for images.

Here are some related items that may be of interest to you:
Google Swirl is Like Wonder Wheel for Images
Compfight - Creative Commons Image Search

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer