Breaking News
Loading...
Thursday 12 November 2009

Survey of 2nd Career Teachers

Kevin Jarrett (someone you should follow) is proposing a session for BarCamp Philly about teaching as a second career. Kevin and I chatted about this briefly on Twitter this morning.

Kevin came to teaching after a seventeen year career in the business world. I came to teaching after roughly seven years in the transportation/ logistics industry. (I know it's hard to believe that I'm old enough to be on a second career, but what can I say, I'm a product of Gen X). In both of our cases we took very substantial pay cuts. During the course of our conversation we both had the idea to survey other teachers who came to teaching as a second career. Kevin has posted some questions on his blog. I encourage you to answer his questions there. Kevin is also looking for people who are willing to Skype into his proposed session on Saturday. Again, you can read the details on Kevin's blog.

I've also set up and shared with Kevin a survey using Google Forms which asks essentially the same questions.

Update: As of 11:40am there have been 15 respondents to the survey. You can read their responses here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer