Breaking News
Loading...
Friday 24 August 2012

A History of U.S. Campaigns & Conventions

Northeastern University has launched a new site all about U.S. political campaigns and party conventions. The site is divided into five main sections; History, Campaign Finance, Nominations, Policy, and Media. Within each section there are videos and articles about the current state of affairs as well as past practices. Each section offers lesson plans suitable for high school use. Each section also offers short review quizzes that provide instant feedback.

Applications for Education
I have to admit that the videos I previewed were rather boring as they were simply politicians and professors talking on camera. If I, a former Political Science major, was bored by the videos most high school students will be too. That said, the rest of the site is well made and informative. I would probably use the lesson plans with high school students after I customized them to meet the needs of my students.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer