Breaking News
Loading...
Tuesday 21 August 2012

What Makes Searching Difficult? What Makes it Easier?

A couple of times this summer I've mentioned Dan Russell's resources for making you a better web researcher. Most recently I featured this video in which he talks about search strategies. Today, I read another of Dan Russell's blog posts that I think many teachers and students can benefit from reading.

In Internet Search: What makes it simple, difficult, or impossible? Dan Russell explains what can make searches difficult, common search mistakes, and strategies for better searches. I read Dan's article and have to admit that I am sometimes guilty of falling into the trap of the "framing effect" that he describes. Breaking out the "framing effect" will improve my search methods and I'm sure it will for you too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer